Monday, November 2, 2009

ALMOST 34 WEEKS

I was thinking today...I could still be in the hospital from when I was admitted on September 16th. They told me that I would either deliver at 34 weeks or whenever he came. Well, tomorrow would have been 34 weeks and Justin's due date if he didn't decide to come early. It probably would have been easier on him if he stayed inside but he has done great and he kept his mom out of the loony bin by coming early and getting me out of the hospital...just kidding, of course. I would have stayed as long as I could to keep him growing inside the "right" way but he was ready for the world!

He is doing great today. He gained 10 grams (less than an ounce) which is probably a good thing. He has been gaining so much weight this week that they needed him to slow down a bit. The lasix (thanks for the correct spelling, Terry) helped quite a bit. Today they reduced his flow to half a liter and he has been doing just fine on his O2 needs. They expect that he might need a little more since he is on less flow but so far he is just needing 25-30% which is normal for him. He hasn't had any spells in a while which could mean he is starting to grow out of them. Yay! 34 weeks is kind of the time frame when things start really coming together for these little guys. He should start getting more interested in eating on his own so we will continue to practice with that.

1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely precious! Do I see a hint of red in his hair? Hmmm....wonder where he got that from......Daddy perhaps?

    It's amazing to look back over the pictures and see the changes that have transpired over the last month. He is getting to be such a "big boy!"

    ReplyDelete